Human Trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery through which people profit from the exploitation of others. It is a $150 billion industry and growing, making it one of the most profitable illegal businesses globally. Unfortunately, it is here in our own state. Mississippi men, women, and children are victims of this heinous crime. To stop trafficking in our state, General Fitch employs a multi-prong approach:
- Our human trafficking investigative team spearheads multi-jurisdictional operations and trains law enforcement officers on the best anti-trafficking techniques.
- Our Public Integrity Division attorneys prosecute trafficking perpetrators.
- Our Prosecutor and Law Enforcement Training Division also trains prosecutors in DA offices on best practices for effective prosecution of trafficking.
- Our Bureau of Victim Assistance manages the State’s Victims of Human Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation Fund, which provides funds for victims’ shelters and services.
- Our Public Education and Community Engagement Division has created the Be the Solution statewide initiative to empower Mississippians to help meet this challenge to our State.
We must stand together to fight human trafficking.
Be Aware | Be Prepared | BE THE SOLUTION